Are window blinds still in fashion?
When you make blinds to cover specific areas, we know you are making vertical blinds, you are wondering if they are still in style and worth using. We take a look at the latest trends and help you navigate if you are making vertical blinds for your position.
Vertical blinds are stylish and popular in homes for a number of reasons. Although they chose their choice as a style in the 80s and 90s, today they dominate because they are so versatile.
- Lighting control – controls the amount of light entering the space.
- Large Spaces – Best for using where slider doors are installed and other large windows as well
- Foundation blinds – Are a great pick for basic blinds or window coverings or for decoration with more stylized curtains around them.
- Affordable – Vertical blinds are still mostly in style because they are of great value to homeowners.
- Repair – Vertical blinds have many easily accessible parts, so if you need to fix some pieces, they are very easy to repair. These are very popular and make long-lasting products.
Are vertical blinds styled for each window?
In previous decades, vertical blinds were very popular with almost any window. In recent years, the popularity of vertical blinds has mainly focused on the slider door space rather than other everyday windows. We are seeing this change as there are still so many great options to choose from for these other places. The classic vertical blind is still very functional and desirable for rear doors and slider doors; it has long been a popular choice!
What other options do you have?
If you do not dig vertically, or want to consider another option, here are some other types of window coverings to choose from:
Extra Long Solar Shades – They can be made in many widths to customize and fit your space. These control the sun’s rays and give a more modern look.
Cellular Shades – Cellular shades can be designed to run the entire length of the slider door, making it a great choice to block light, control the internal temperature, and provide some privacy. All of this takes place above or below the width of the posterior region.
Curtains – Standard curtains on the track can give you a beautiful look, you can really customize your interior design and work with the nature of the sliding doors on the back. You do not have much control over the light (closed or open), but it is a great decorative solution if you do not want to do vertical blinds alone.
Combination – Vertical blinds are still very much in style because they can provide a backdrop, with other decorative window coverings on top. By designing your window covering solution in this way, the vertical blind gives you complete control over direct light, while at the same time providing decorative, thermal insulation, and more benefits.